Asking your family members to help you prepare breakfast on a Sunday morning represents a great occasion to spend some quality time together. According to an all saying, a family that spends time together stays together, so try to create nice memories by having some fun with your loved ones. Since breakfast is the most important meal of the day, you should search for recipes that are rich in healthy ingredients and nutrients. Here are some ideas that will help you make some delicious treats.[Not a valid template]
Cinnamon Strawberry Pancakes
In order to make this delicious breakfast you’ll need the following ingredients: 100g of flour, 1 tsp of caster sugar, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1 egg, 20g of butter, 100 ml of milk, 400g of halved strawberries, 3 tbsp of granulated sugar, 1⁄2 tsp of ground cinnamon, and mint sprigs for decorating.
- Start making the batter by using a bowl to mix the egg with the milk until you obtain a smooth composition, and add flour, caster sugar, and baking powder. Stir well to remove possible lumps and obtain a thick batter.
- In order to move on to cooking the pancake, you have to preheat the grill and melt the butter in a frying pan that you’ll be able to use safely under the grill.
- Pour the batter into the pan, and cook the pancake until it starts to look gold underneath.
- Put the pan under the grill and allow the pancake to cook for 1 minute.
- Add the strawberries on top of the pancake and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Grill until the sugar starts melting.
- Use mint sprigs to decorate and serve warm.
Pumpkin Griddle Cakes
No matter how you serve it, pumpkin is rich in fibers and it represents a great source of beta-carotene. Therefore, you can include it in one of your Sunday morning family breakfasts. Here is what you’ll need to make some tasty and healthy pumpkin griddle cakes: 2 cups of flour, ½ teaspoon of baking soda, 1½ teaspoons of baking powder, 1 teaspoon of pumpkin pie spice, 3 eggs, ¼ teaspoon of salt, 1/3 cup of light-brown sugar, 1¼ cups of fresh pumpkin puree, 1¼ cups of milk, 3 tablespoons of vegetable oil, and walnuts, cranberries and raisins for topping.
- The first thing that you need to do is preheat your oven to 200°F.
- Continue by using one bowl to mix the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and pie spice, and another one to mix the eggs with the sugar, milk, oil and pumpkin puree.
- Next, you have to add the mixture from the first bowl into the second one and stir to obtain a smooth paste.
- Heat the griddle, coat with cooking spray and pour in batter, a cup at a time.
- Cook every pancake until the bottom is golden, and turn it over to cook it on both sides.
- Top the pancakes with raisins that you have softened previously in a bowl of maple syrup, or use dried cranberries for topping.
- Sprinkle with toasted walnuts.
Microwave scrambled eggs mug
Microwave mug meals are very versatile and easy to prepare. There are many recipes which you can prepare in a matter of minutes. For example, coat a mug with cooking spray, add two eggs, two tablespoons of milk, 2 tablespoons of shredded cheese. Mix the ingredients, season according to your taste and microwave the dish for 30-45 seconds. There are a lot of many other similar breakfast recipes that you can cook in the microwave. So if you don’t own a microwave yet, read the latest countertop microwave oven reviews and invest in a quality product as soon as possible. The microwave can be a lifesaver in the kitchen as it can help you save a lot of time. When reading countertop microwave oven reviews, consider the size of the unit (compared to the casseroles that you usually use), but also its features and its preset cooking programs.
Don’t forget the coffee
Since no breakfast can be perfect with a delicious cup of hot coffee, we advise you to invest in a good coffee maker. If you read some reviews, you will see that coffee makers can be very versatile, so try to pick a model which satisfies everyone’s tastes. We recommend a programmable coffee maker so that you can be woken up on Sunday morning by the delicious smell of freshly brewed coffee.
Trackback from your site.